Now that summer is here, we are opting for healthier, lighter foods. What is better than a nice salmon steak accompanied by fresh fruits and veggies?
Salmon Steak with Mango, Spinach and Avocado
- 250g Salmon
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 mango
- 1/3 bag spinach leaves
- 1/2 bag of bio pine nuts
- 3 shallots
- 1/2 lemon
- salt, pepper, olive oil , balsamic vinegar
- Add olive oil on the pan. Cut the piece of salmon in two and put it in the pan. Sprinkle on them salt and pepper
- Let it cook on slow heat
- Check on it from time to time and turn it gently to cook on all sides.
- Add olive oil to another pan and let it heat up
- Meanwhile, mince the shallots and add them to the pan. Sauté them on medium heat until they turn tender.
- When they are done, transfer them to a bowl, and add olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix.
- Prepare the plates with the salad by arranging the spinach leaves on them.
- Cut half a mango, peel it and cut it into cubes. Cut the avocado in little cubes then add both the mango and the avocado on the spinach
- In the same pan you cooked the shallots, add the pine nuts and let them roast on medium heat.
- When they look crispy, sprinkle them on top of the side salad.
Check the salmon and when it’s done, add it gently to the plate next to the salad. Add the shallot topping on the salmon and you’re ready to eat!
Tip: you can prepare the side salad while the salmon and the shallots cook to save time.
*The products for this recipe were provided by Delhaize Luxembourg.
Jasmin N says
Okay that looks super delicious! Yum.
I’m going to save this and when we’re going to our cottage where I can cook outside (because of the smell of that salmon) I’m going to surprise my husband with this.
<3: Jasmin N
Yum! With the avocado and mango, I bet my kids would even love this.
I think mango can make the spinach more exciting 😀
This looks delicious and healthy! It also looks pretty easy to substitute the salmon with tofu for my vegetarian diet. 🙂
For sure tofu would be a great delicious substitute!
Perfect timing ! This sounds really delicious , for now I have shared the recipe with my FB buddies . I will most certainly try this myself very soon . A nice chilled glass of white wine with it , sitting on the balcony watching the sun go down , what more could one ask for !? I love fish , and definitely salmon !
This look delicious!
Alexandra ~ ArtMandy