In November-December, I had a time when I was eating pumpkin purée every morning for breakfast. It is delicious, easy to make, healthy and really consistent. As usual, I wasn’t really measuring any ingredients, but I will try and give some approximate quantities.
- 125g of pumpkin
- 50g of oatmeal
- 50 ml of milk (any kind, I also used almond & soja milk)
Preparing the pumpkin:
- You need to roast the pumpkin in the oven. Preheat the oven at 150-200°C . I usually buy half a kilo of pumpkin that is already cleared of seeds. I would cut half of it (250g) in smaller slices, put them on a baking sheet, and then in the oven for around 30 minutes. Check it from time to time – the pumpkin has to be soft.
- These 250g of pumpkin would last for 2 breakfasts, and the other 250g I would put in the fridge and roast later for another 2 breakfasts.
- I usually roast the pumpkin the night before, so that the next morning, preparing the purée doesn’t take long.
Preparing the purée:
- Take half of the slices of roasted pumpkin (aprox. 125g) and remove the peel.
- Boil (or microwave) the milk with the oatmeal until the oatmeal gets soft.
- Add the milk & oatmeal together with the pumpkin and some sugar to the blender and mix.
- Enjoy 🙂
Don’t forget to follow me!