I had some cherries in syrup from my mom and I wanted to bake a cherry cake. But then I thought – muffins are better, as they are already portioned; so you don’t overeat (which is totally wrong anyway, but I tried). With this in mind, I got cute pink muffin molds from IKEA – they also had blue ones on display, but they were nowhere to be found (*sigh*). The recipe below should be fine for 9 muffins.
- 180g of flour
- 80 g sugar
- 80g butter
- a handful of cherries
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt.
- Gently warm the milk (microwave or on the stove) and melt the butter (microwave or oven).
- In another bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar until it gets white (or becomes a light yellow), then add the melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour bowl and mix slowly. Continue mixing while also adding the warm milk.
- Add the cherries and incorporate them into the mix.
- Add the mix into the muffin molds – be careful not to fill them completely.
- Put them in the oven and let them cook for around 20-25 minutes, until they get golden brown. Check up on them from time to time.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- If you have silicone muffin molds, you don’t need to grease them with butter.
- Certain ingredients can be replaced, as I already mentioned in a previous recipe blog post.
Don’t forget to follow me!