I’m one of those people who don’t like cardio or sweating at the gym, but it has to be done. At the beginning I hated it. I couldn’t breathe, I was bored, I was sweating too much, etc. But I found that there are several way you can make running on the treadmill easier.
- Pumping music. For running on the treadmill, I prefer to listen to K-Pop – it’s catchy and pumping, so you actually feel like running. Some inspiration here.
- Alternate. If you are a beginner to running, don’t go at full speed as soon as you start. Try to alternate between running, walking fast and walking slowly. It will be easier for you to run if you progressively increase the running time.
- Proper shoes. I have been running on the treadmill with 3-year old shoes, that I have been wearing a lot and were also not made for running. I was having pains on my feet and joints and I hated it. Invest in a pair of good shoes, that also look cute
- Drink water. You will sweat a lot so you will have to drink a lo of water – I usually drink half a litre for around 30mins.
- Clear your mind. One reason why I also pick K-Pop is that I can’t understand the lyrics – unless they are in English – and that way I can clear my mind. I have nothing to do except this routine so I might as well relax my mind after a long day.
What are your running tips?
Don’t forget to follow me!